A building near downtown Windsor suffered major damages in a fire on Sunday.
Windsor Fire & Rescue Services responded to a Wyandotte Street East address near Aylmer Avenue Saturday around 11 a.m. to handle a fire that broke out earlier in the morning.
The building had to be overhauled and ventilated due to the amount of smoke.
Fire investigators said the fire was started by "improperly discarded smoking materials."
No injuries are displacements were reported by the fire department.
"Combustibles stored outside and against the building was a contributing factor," Windsor Fire & Rescue shared. "Property owners are responsible to ensure that combustibles in and around buildings do not promote a fire hazard."
$75,000 was the estimated damages.