(BlackburnNews.com file photo by Jason Viau)(BlackburnNews.com file photo by Jason Viau)

UPDATE: Garage fire damage at $65K

Windsor fire officials say a hot battery charger was responsible for an overnight fire.

The fire started in a garage on John M Street, not far from Sandpoint Beach in East Riverside. Firefighters were called to the scene shortly after 2:30 a.m. on Monday.

The fire was contained to the garage and was declared out within a half-hour. The home suffered some smoke damage.

Windsor Fire and Rescue said later Monday morning that an overheated battery charger was the culprit, and damage is estimated at $65,000.

There were no injuries, but one person has been forced out of their home.


Read More Local Stories